My daughter posted this on her Facebook on August 20, 2017.
I think it should be saved and when I die, hopefully in about thirty years, it should be my Eulogy. Swears and all!
Though, if I die rescuing a puppy that would be too weird.
Sidebar, let’s talk about how awesome my mom is.
– 8 years ago ish she was diagnosed with cancer. And she said “Nope, fuck that” and got a bunch of organs and lymph nodes removed, went in to complete remission against most odds and went right back to being really awesome even though chances were pretty good she was going to die according to the doctor folk.
– And then like three years ago or something her cancer came back in her lungs. And her doctor said “You’re def gonna die this time, sorry, let’s talk about palliative care” and she said “Nope, fuck that” and fought like hell to find like the one doctor who would fight with her, went in to a clinical trial
– And then they kicked her out of the trial for improving too quickly, and she said “Nope, fuck that” and fought like hell some more to get access to the drugs that were saving her
– And then she was pronounced cancer free again even though like they literally told her she had terminal stage four lung cancer. Because that’s how my mom rolls.
– But then she also had a very dangerous MAC infection in her lungs, and had to be on heavy drugs for more than a year to treat all that. But it’s gone now, too!
– Did I mention she also has hip and bone problems and no thyroid and one kidney and a bunch of other crap?
– Also, she like, worked out nonstop through all of this shit. All of the time. She’s stronger than me and could kick my ass. Like everyone at all the gyms knows her, she is just tough as shit.
– And what does she do with her life? Does she whine or take it easy? Nope. She…
– Uh, constantly inspires EVERYONE EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME because she’s so damned tough. And because she doesn’t just fight, she WINS. Over and over again. She’s constantly just trying to do everything she can to help others.
– She studied her ass off and got her Holistic Nutritionist license so she can volunteer her time helping others suffering the effects of cancer and chemo by helping them be on the best diet for healing
– And she gets voted to become a board member with Northwest Ohio Cancer Connection? Because she’s so freaking awesome?
– And through all of that she still has time to hang out with me and the patience to constantly listen to me whine about everything
She is the best mom and I am never going to be as cool as she is and I am really proud of her. That is all.”
If we need a lengthier Eulogy, we can add in the comments.