It was a weird yesterday. I got up a little late but decided to go ahead and do a two mile run on the treadmill instead of a one knowing it would make me about 20 minutes later than normal for work.

Then the city tree-trimmers parked their trucks including the industrial wood chipper outside of my house and suddenly I was surrounded by a beagle. She was so scared. πŸ™ So I stayed home until they left.

Then when I was finally driving to work the vet called. So I waited till I was in the parking lot and called them back to get the results of Mili’s biopsy. Not good. They ruled out everything except cancer. They couldn’t identify the abnormal cells as cancer, there simply wasn’t enough material. The vet said we might be able to find a specialist who might do a surgical biopsy but because of where the tumor is and how fast it popped up there really isn’t anything that could be done for her. They can do chemo and radiation on a dog, but honestly it would just be cruel. So, we will just do nothing except watch her and try to make sure she’s never in pain. Weeks, months, years? Who knows. She’s still not eating except a little bit but she’s drinking okay. It’s sad to think about what might the future might be like.


Then I worked all day, well, I was at work all day. Someone made me mad. Something stupid, something expected. Didn’t matter, made me angry. Then I left work and did my standard Tuesday workout. It was fine. Then we did something new. There was a second workout after the first workout. Cardio Drumming. 20 people in a parking lot with giant balls on buckets and drumsticks. Loud music and instructors to tell you what to do. It was so much fun! Lots of yelling and noise and laughing and movement without it being too strenuous. Really a good time. A fine way to end the day!


CardioDrumming2 CardioDrumming3 CardioDrumming1

I’m afraid this is file conversion fail. Lost my sound and tire of screwing around with it!


5 thoughts on “Yesterday

    1. 80% of the people were drumming on one beat while the other 20% were marching to their own inner drummer! No rhythm needed. Most of us couldn’t hear the music so it really was impossible to be on the beat. πŸ™‚ Just followed along.

  1. I’m so sorry Mili’s test results were not good! We have dealt with the unknown 3 times in the last 9 years. I know how hard it is! All 3 times I knew in my heart when it was time and hated myself because we just wanted to have one more day and one more day….willing them to just go to sleep and not wake up…I’m sorry…just sorry you guys have to go through this…

    1. Thanks. I am not looking forward to that moment. We’ve had to do it before and I always found the hardest thing was all of the second guessing afterwards. πŸ™

Don’t leave without saying something!

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.